Sunday, August 1, 2010

I need to expand my sources beyond the Navy Times

Finally someone nuts up and admits things aren't so good down on the waterfront. I think this is the first time that I've heard the phrase "Run like a business" when someone is talking about the navy and haven't died inside a little bit more.

I went out on liberty the other day with someone dressed very similar to this:

Yes it's quite frightening. Just replace the the sweater vest with a Hawaiian shirt that was tight tucked and you'll get a good idea of what I was going out into the public with. Someone in their mid 20's dressing like an extra from Caddyshack. Well one of the guys out on town called him an "old soul" and I realized I haven't heard that term in a little bit. It was doubly funny because he didn't understand the joke.

Alright, my tangent is over: I like to consider myself an "Old Soul" when it comes to my view of the fleet force. Lots of tin cans floating around. Stick 2 helos on em and load up some ASROCs and you're good to go. I can't really find a fault in this logic, just more cheaper ships. I can't think of a war where the Air Force couldn't launch the cruise missles instead of a Navy Ship. It's all bells and whistles and no guns and steel. It was our MO up until the mid 90's when AEGIS hit the fan. "Smart Ships" blow up just as good as regular ones do and sink even faster with a tiny crew. This is too long a topic, I'll be here all day if I get into it. The article speaks for itself and I think any taxpayer would want to have more of these bad boys around:

1 comment:

  1. Your picture for this post isn't showing up

    QM1 1988-2000

    ReplyDelete